Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Post 60

Do you like my original title? Since this is my sixtieth post, it fits, of course, but I was also going for that Hollywood/Pop TV feel--you know, "Studio 60" or just "300" or something. Like, maybe I should rename Mardi Gras 3000 to "3000" or "CCG #3000." I like that last idea because then it would be like I had 2999 other games.

Gotta tell you guys, if I had 2999 games, I might just take my royalty, you know? ;)

Work on the Second Generation of MG3K items won't begin until late April so right now I have a waiting time. It's actually really nice. Gille Hawkins has been named Managing Editor of MG3K Online and she's making (fast!) incredible changes to the system. She got a lot of feedback from the players (147 subscribers right now) and found numerous holes in our original expansion plans. One of the nice things about Gille: She a tech head that never makes you feel stupid. Gotta love that.

So...

What should I be doing now? I kept asking myself on Monday and Tuesday. I want to be fresh and positive when the MG3K work begins again. I want to be on the ball. I want to have crazy fast skills (that's what Jennifer told me I have to have). Solin said, "Do something else."

Ahh, yeah. Right. Something else. But what?

"Anything. But nothing about Mardi Gras 3000," she clarified.

Oh.

Hm.

Is that possible? I gave it a day. Today.

I have a new game. It's 9 PM. I started at 7 AM. And I have a new game. I'm breaking now to blog, eat chocolate, have a steak and some coffee, kiss my mom on the cheek, give Solin a hug, and retreat again to zip up a prototype on cardstock.

This... is... incredible. Baby, I am high. The kind of high that doesn't come from drugs or sex. The kind of high that lasts. The kind that makes you wanna pull a DiCaprio:

"I'm king of world!"

(Because "queen" of the world just doesn't cut it.)

E.J.