Saturday, September 23, 2006

000011100111010100111100

The river of 1s and 0s was a bit too swift for me the last few days... with my laptop raft leaking buoyancy I tried to sign on, log in and shoot a blog to my sweet public but, alas, without a nifty cyber implant to bridge the netware / wetware river, I was stranded. In English? My laptop took a dive off the back of my bike on Hwy 16 and even though we (me, bike and laptop) had been traveling along at a steady 65 mph clip, all alone the laptop was only able to obtain a .0025 mph bounce and land in the berm.

So, I borrowed a basic box from my publisher (you know the one) but it was netdead, only good for word processing and graphics layout. After a week I was desperate. I called Jennifer, totally incoherent. “Must... have... Internet...” Twenty-four hours later a check for $1200 arrives in the mail (no return address). Yellow sticky note message reads, “Jennifer says you need a computer.” Love that woman. MG3K has a silent investor (secured and maintained by Jennifer) and the check was straight from him? her? them? No matter. The money bought a nicely equipped box chock full of smooth little extras. With the $80 left over, I sent flowers to Windstorm (tiger lilies).

I’m back, babies! Let’s rumble....

Tomorrow, my incredibly fascinating thoughts on what the future (like, say, the year 3000) holds in terms of tech. Today: me all over the MG3K forum. Open a second browser window. Oh my goodness... that’s a lot of new posts!

E.J.