Sunday, October 11, 2009

Praying in 140 Characters

I found it's possible, when it rains like this, to remember the face of Christ without being a fanatic or insane. Though sometimes I'm both.

How can intelligent people vomit ignorant bigotry all over their children? The whispered answer is simple: I overestimate their intelligence

Christ in raindrops, in pixels, in metalwork. My Lord in words, not scripture, but backbeats. Holy Spirit in speed, the wind, dark freeways.

I must call you my community because our bedroom politics are the same? You are raising your child blind to God. How can you possibly see me?

So hard to be the moral ruling class. Zipping up the chasm between church and State the way they zip up the body bags of all their gay kids.

Hypocrites are not only two-faced to their enemies. They barter in lies, make trades with stolen trust. Not a fortune cookie. Your mother.

Finding inspiration in salty sea spray, fresh sweet rain, and the cold brilliant night that is just between my Christ and me and all of you.

Dawn arrives without trumpets. Even arrives on time. Every songbird had faith. Every flower turned her face in anticipation. Suspended there

Christ is unchanged, always changing. Rain falling down glass, the waves of the sea, the clouds in the sky. Gamer grrls change too. S(t)weet

It amazes me how much can be said (and left unsaid most artfully) with only 140 characters. And certainly Christ doesn't care whether you spend forty hours a day on your knees or fifteen seconds praising His name. After all, He's got billions of us already. He's not really looking for quantity. He's looking for meat. And amazingly, that sustenance can be found in ever fewer than 140 characters. It can be found in:

Please help me.

I trust you.

Walk with me.

I love you.

Like the child who asked his grandfather, "I only know one prayer. Do you think that's enough?" The grandfather answered, "Christ doesn't hear the words, child, He only hears your voice."

Spreading the word in every medium, because every gamer grrl knows the value of good exposure,
EJ