Monday, June 09, 2008

Speed Wind

And so the day began at dawn
waking up wanting you
closing my eyes and finding
unexplainable warmth across
your pillow.

Passed on the car
wanted to ride
wanted to take the long way 'round
take my time for you
with you
headphones in
breaking man's laws
to love you like this.

"Kept thinking of you.
Wanting you with me.
Loving you.
Staring at the ceiling.
So joyous that God
let me keep you."

Hitting 85 is like slow mo
compared to the pounding of
my heart in my chest.
Riding free of legalities
my hair caught in the speed
my body bent low over power
I'm thinking of being over you
and rock 'n' roll floods my brain.

"I didn't think
I could be so lucky.
That you are my path.
...So much."

I would do anything for you.

Oh sweet Christ...
Thank you.

Bobbi says:
Where's your helmet, Angel?
I look at her
my lips parted
my face cold from wind
hot from you.
What? I answer.
What?
My eyes are glazed.
My head is spinning.
My blood is racing.
My heart is counting down seconds
miles per hour
until I see you again.

And the song says:
With a kiss or with a dare...
At the end of an endless circle
I know what I'm searching for.
Somehow, every time that I leave you
I love you even more.

I walk on set.
This work day begins.
And "take no prisoners"
has been replaced with
"victory on my shoulders."
And I just gaze
as others jabber on
because I'm busy
thinking about us together
in so many ways.
Missing you.
Not missing you at all
because you are
right
here.

Amen, Lord.
Anything for you.